Monday, June 5, 2017

Wood Grain Heart





I absolutely love this heart, it is by far my favorite. I made another one similar to this one last year, with an actual wood grain design, but with this one I just used lines.

I started off with the body, and I started using a rib to smooth out my finger prints and seams, but it also has teeth on one of the edges, so I tried using them to add a bit of texture, and I ended up liking the way it turned out so I added them all over the heart. Once I had fired it the first time, the texture felt sooo cool and I wanted people to be able to feel the texture with glaze on the entire heart, so I experimented with stain instead of glaze.

And it was awesome. The heart is really shiny, as you can see from the end view of the heart, and it feels so cool when you touch it, so I'm very happy with it.

This one took me about four hours as well, it took a while to make the lines and keep them clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment