Friday, June 2, 2017

Oregonian Heart



This is one of my most recent hearts, I am not posting these in the order that I made them, mostly because I can't find the pictures in order!

Anyway, I made all of my hearts out of ceramics and used glaze or stain to make the colors. For this heart, I used a speckled glaze for the outside, so it looks like confetti or cupcake sprinkles, depending on who looks at it.

I cut out the tree in the middle, so you can see the inside of the heart. I didn't think about that while I was glazing it for some reason, so I didn't paint the inside and I kind of regret that. But I like how the rest turned out.

My hearts typically take me about three class periods to complete, so I'd estimate this was about three hours for me. It was fairly simple, so I didn't have to worry about super intricate details.

The greatest challenge of this heart was definitely the tree cut out. I wanted it to be more detailed, but the clay wall was too thick for great detail, so I had to simplify the outline. I took a guess with the white speckle glaze, I had no idea what it would look like, but I think it's one of my new favorite glazes!

No comments:

Post a Comment