Monday, June 5, 2017

Broken Rope Heart






Alright so this heart took a little while, but it turned out alright. So I used twine to make a wrapped rope effect on the body of the heart, which created a really nice texture. But after that, I forgot about it, because I put it too far back in my cubby so it dried out too much before I could continue shaping it, so one of the arteries cracked in the middle and I wasn't able to fix it.

So I worked around it and added a few more chips and cracks and made it a 'broken' heart. It looks intentional, and it does look intentional, so I was thankful for that.

I used a crystal glaze for the outside, and I'm a little bummed because it doesn't really show through the pictures, but there are a couple flakes of crystal through out the heart.

Then I just used a regular red glaze for the inside, and where the red and the crystal collide, there's a little bit of mixing, but mainly it's a striking contrast.

This heart took me about four class periods, so about four hours of work. I'm really proud of this one, and I love the way the glazes turned out!














No comments:

Post a Comment