Friday, June 2, 2017

Sail Boat Heart



I don't know if you can tell from the photo, but I carved a sailboat on this heart.

The balance for this heart is a little off, it's difficult to stand it up on it's own because I tried using a different tool to try and flatten the bottom, but it didn't work very well. I carved the boat out and tried to make each part of the boat a different depth and pattern, which didn't work for the flags, but it still looks pretty.

This heart actually took me about four hours, because I was trying to be careful with shaping the boat, so it took me a little longer, but I like the outcome. The glaze is one of my new favorites, I don't remember what it's called though, but it has little crystal spots that looks like snow flakes, and the color is really soft and calming.

The hardest part was trying to make all of the parts of the boats look clean and even. I took an extra class just to make it smooth, but it was totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment