Friday, June 2, 2017

Final Semester of Senior Year!! (post first)

Alright guys, this is it! The final week before being let loose into the world! I will be graduating so
very soon, and so it's time once again for an update on my school work for AP art.

The second semester is dedicated to one aspect of art, we call it our Concentration pieces. We decide on a theme for the work for the rest of the year, and we have to try and stick with it. I of coarse deviated from the theme a couple of times to work on other stuff to give myself a break, so I'll post those at the end too.

Anyways, my concentration this year was ceramic hearts, and I explored different textures created with tools and markings in the clay and with different glazes. I started making hearts last year in ceramics class, and my mom suggested I continue with them this year.

And because of my wonderful grandmother, I have started selling my hearts in a cute little store! It's called A Little Twisted and Crafty, and right now I think it's still located in Newberg, Oregon, but it might have already moved to Gaston. They were kind enough to let me sell my hearts through them, and I've discovered that people really like them! 

I'm hoping to continue making hearts even after graduation, and I'll be updating this blog much more often then. I will try to post after every heart I make instead of twice a year, so stay tuned for that! 

No comments:

Post a Comment