Monday, January 23, 2017

Repetition


The repetition project was very challenging for me to work on, I started off working on a sun and moon with lots of little repeated details in it, and I got extremely frustrated with it very quickly, so I wanted to take a break and just mess around a bit. That's when I started painting this for my mom because she really wanted to have a picture of birch trees, and when I finished I realized that, duh, it's a repetition! I really love this one, I love the water color background, I think the colors look really well blended, and it makes it look like a sunset, 
This one took me about three hours, it's a pretty big painting, and oh my goodness, I painted it on hand made cotton paper, and it's the best paper I have ever used for painting! I absolutely love this paper, it's really thick so it doesn't fold when I put a lot of paint on it, and it doesn't curl with the water colors, it's perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment