Monday, January 23, 2017

Non Objective




The Non-Objective assignment is supposed to be a piece of art that has no picture, it doesn't look like anything. On the left side, I painted a flower, which is definitely objective, but I started it as my non objective. I was going to use the background of it, but then I got purple on it and it started to look like a flower, so I just went with it. So the painting on the right is actually my non objective. 

I used acrylic paint and a sponge to add multiple layers of non mixed colors, and when that dried I used a brush to splatter gold paint onto it. Once that dried, I user a charcoal pencil and a ruler to draw the lines. It probably took me about 2 hours with waiting for the paint to dry, sponging is a fast way to cover the paper with paint so the most time consuming part was drawing the diagonal lines. 

Even though it was small and didn't take very long, I still think it turned out really well. The colors look so pretty together, and I wasn't expecting that. The lines really add an interesting texture, and I love it! I learned that it's really difficult to paint non objectively because my brain will always try and make it into something, like the flower, but I also found my new favorite way to paint, so I'd call this a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment