Saturday, June 4, 2016

AP Paintings

I'm going to make this a super long post and just put all of my paintings up at once, starting with the themed ones and ending with the not so in-themed ones.


 Tropical Sea
Acrylic paint on 46"x28" canvas
The background is made up of two reds and a yellow, I used my hands to blend the background, which was super fun! There's a few black shadows through the piece. On the left there's half an island with trees, and a turtle. In the middle is a ship, next to that are dolphins and another island. Then on the right there's a suggestion of a beach.
This piece fits my theme as it's a ship surrounded by the tropical aspects.
It probably took me about three or four class periods to make, it's the biggest painting I've ever done.







String Anchor
String tied on nails on a board painted with acrylics
Blue background with white string on nails raised above the board a bit.
This was my first piece having to do with my nautical theme.
This one probably took three class periods, one for the paint, one for the nails and one for the string.



String Ship Wheel
Same materials as the anchor.
Same colours as before, this was my second piece and made it to match the anchor in a set.
This one took me a little longer, I was missed a few areas of string and then ran out a few times, so actually putting the string on took about a class and a half.


Dark Island
Acrylic on canvas board
Blues and greens blended together for the background and black shadows of an island and three palm trees. The background turned out darker than I wanted it to be, but I still liked how it turned out.
This is another tropical theme, which fits in with the nautical theme even though it's not a ship.
This one only took me two class periods, it isn't a very big painting, so it didn't take long to cover it with paint and add details.







Ohana
Acrylic on canvas board.
Minimalist version of Stitch from the Disney movie with stenciled Hawaiian flowers. There are a few leaves and swirls at the bottom, and the word 'ohana' underneath Stitch.
This took me about three class periods, not including the time to make the stencil for it.
This one doesn't really fit in with my theme, but it is kind of tropical. That's what my theme should have been, tropical instead of nautical.



Flower Stencil
Paper cut with an exacto knife.
I made this stencil for the Ohana painting.
This only took me five minutes to make, and it doesn't fit into my theme.



Unfinished
I planned on having this one have a moon with a ship sailing into the distance, but I wasn't able to finish it.


 Collection of Coasters
I made these on small canvas boards with paint, and none of them apply to my theme, but I thought they looked cute so I'm keeping them here.

Cloudy Pink
I made this before I decided on a theme, and I really loved how it turned out. I don't know what to do with it now, but I will keep it in mind for something to do next year.


Mountain Sunset
Acrylic on canvas
This is my last painting of the year. I have to paint a face on it still, but I really like how it turned out. I think I might do more paintings like this next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment