Friday, June 3, 2016

AP Studio Art


I got to have a taste of what  AP Studio Art is all about this year, it's a two semester class, but I only got to take it the second semester.

 So I was kind of just learning the ropes, so I don't have a whole lot of paintings from this semester, and most of them are off topic. My original proposal was to create 3D string art pieces of ships and other nautical themes. That, however, didn't pan out so well. I sprained my ankle pretty badly right before spring break, and I know that it's a lame excuse, but the way  I was making my pieces was hurting my ankle really badly. I thought I would just take a break and get back to it, but I ended up not starting again.

 My theme stayed the same, but my medium changed. I did not get as much done as I had hoped, I had never had the freedom to do what I wanted to do in a class before this, so I was very much at a loss as to what I was supposed to do. I spent the first few weeks being shy and not knowing where anything was and wondering what I could use and what I wasn't allowed to uses, so I could have spent my time more wisely. There were a few paintings that I started and never finished, and that makes me sad, but I can always finish them over the summer.

I believe that as a first semester, I was successful. I learned how to stretch my own canvas, which is super useful, and I was able to create some interesting pieces. It was weird at first to create my own subjects, I am so used to painting according to a project assigned by a teacher, so this experience has really boosted my confidence in my abilities to be creative and make something from nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment